The answer is a yes and is built around building some awareness. Then it gets simple. A Hampton styled home is all about elegance and creating an ambiance of breathtaking beauty by incorporating the modern with the classic and the ornate with simplicity, to provide a sense of blending an old world charm with the contemporary.
The first eye-catching feature in a Hampton style home is the sense of colour. The colour palette leans towards pleasing pastel and neutral shades to reflect balance, harmony, tranquillity, a sense of warmth and openness. The homes themselves feel like a breath of fresh air, and as they put it, have a sun-bleached look. Maintenance of a home, especially, with lighter shades of colour on walls and upholstery feels like it will be a chore to maintain such homes. But that is far from the truth. All that is required is some information as to how to go about it, and you’ll notice that it does not feel difficult at all. So What Are The Best Ways For The Upkeep Of A Hampton Style Home?
Specific Tips To Maintain Fabric Upholstery:
1. Vacuuming is paramount. Keep a weekend slot to vacuum the upholstery. The material is usually linen, which provides a sense of comfort and elegance. A once-a-week vacuuming regimen will make it appear as good as new and you will avoid accumulation of lint, hair, and other such material that will eventually bring down the appearance.
2. Try not to allow pets pounce on your couches. Abrasion marks cannot be eliminated easily and are often permanent.
3. Keep the upholstery fabric away from direct sunlight to avoid fading. Keep the windows covered with UV light blocking curtains.
4. Keep rotating cushions to maintain a healthy look and do not pull out the cushion from its cover. If you require cleaning them, read the instructions or cleaning code and wash accordingly. For example: ‘W’ stands for water-based foam, S- water-free, WS- water/ dry solvent / foam cleaner and X- none of the cleaners except using a vacuum.
Specific Tips For Leather Maintenance:
1. The leather is far more maintenance friendly. Top grain cowhide leather upholstery is preferred for its low maintenance. As is the case with fabric upholstery, do not expose to direct sunlight of heat vents.
2. Cleaning can involve the use of dipping a cloth in gentle soap water and cleaning an area, then cleaning with a cloth dipped in plain water and finally a dry cloth. This will maintain the original sheen.
3. Keep away chemicals such as oils and, cleaning liquids, ammonia.
4. There are specific products for leather care. But do not use them on nubuck or suede leather. But you can go ahead if the quality is pigmented and top coated. The products restore the original sheen and softness.
Specific Tips For Wood Maintenance:
1. Do not expose it to the external atmosphere: This is more so for wood than any other material, though for the two too, it is critical. Sunlight will result in the colour wearing off and will lead to the appearance of cracks. Humidity also adversely affects quality.
2. Be careful not to cause scratches by dragging items across. For those that could not be avoided, there is still some polish that can be applied with very fine steel wool.
3. Rubber or plastic tablemats are best avoided as they react with the wood finish.
4. Silicone wax polishes are also to be avoided. Use natural oil based finishes. Do not over apply them, as layers of them attract dust particles giving it a rough finish.
By following some simple rules, you can maintain a dust free, spotlessly clean Hampton style home.